1. We're in the middle of prepping for gala/fundraising events, which means I'm slightly crazy. In the next 3 weeks, we have seven concerts, gala, and a donor event. I'm excited for it all to get here!
2. In that same time period, I also have ZTA day at Mardi Gras world. Lots of collegians coming to New Orleans+ZTA day committee, then a concert that night means I'll be an exhausted girl.
3. We've gone out a lot lately, so I'm kind of impressed. Weekly trivia, date nights, theater. Go Angela and Patrick! I've got pictures from all the restaurants, so maybe I'll post a couple quickies on here. No review, just picture and description.
4. Speaking of theater, I scored our offices free set of Lion King tickets! The production starts this week and we're going Friday night.
5. March Madness is upon us, and I really could care less. Brackets have been filled out, MSU isn't in it, and it's going to screw with me leaving work (the arena is not far from my office). I'm ready for April.
6. The weather has been gorgeous lately. Bright blue skies and puffy white clouds. Let's keep this up!
Well, now we've made it through a full Mardi Gras. Our apartment is pretty close to the parade route, so we got to experience Carnival in a very unique way. Parade-wise, Patrick and I saw so many parades that it's hard to even think about how we managed to make it to work Wednesday, Thusday and Friday, but we did. If I were going to rank them, Bacchus would be right at the top, followed by Orpheus and Muses. Now, the reason Bacchus soars to the top is simple, we know people in the krewe. We "tailgated" with them for Bacchus Sunday, had an absolute blast, and were showered with goodies. Orpheus had the prettiest floats and Muses is just unique.
There were some definite positives and negatives associated with all of it,
but Patrick and I learned a lot.
We don't really care for Zulu, so we'll keep skipping that one.
Rex was nice but not terribly exciting, we went more for the ability to say, "we've gone to Rex."
Even if our friends are in town, no FQ! We got stuck on Canal and I just wanted to go back uptown.
Find your potty. It seems simple, but find someone you know with a port o'john or know where you can go.
Be prepared to carry all your loot home. You've caught tons of beads, cups, etc, now you have to bring it home. We carried a tote bag or backpack for easy access. We also had snacks and drinks in there.
Prepare to people watch, especially on Mardi Gras Day. There will be tons of hilarious costumes.
That's our Mardi Gras 2012 in a nutshell. Can't wait for next year!